Thursday, August 22, 2013

Home, Sweet, Home.

Just a super quick update:
Derek is FINALLY home! YAAAAAY! He has been home for almost an entire month now and it is nothing but absolute bliss... usually. No really, I absolutely love him and hated when he wasn't here. We are just trying to get back into the groove of being together all of the time. When he is completely throwing off my routine, leaving clothes and shoes all over the house, eating my food faster than I can stock and cook it I just have to stop and remember how sad I was the last 6 months when he was gone. It really is good to have him home and I wouldn't change it for anything else! Here are a few pictures from his graduation ceremony. What an awesome day!

Derek leaving for week #25.
The very last week of the Academy.
 
Receiving his badge. YIPEE!
 
Look at that grin! What a cutie.
 
 
Some of his biggest supporters... His FAMILY!

And I had to throw one in of his bunk buddy.
He misses you Trooper Foster! 


Speaking of being home... We finally got a place of our own. A cute, little townhouse in Tuscola, Ill., which is where we are calling 'home' for now. We love it here because it reminds us of our hometown - small, quiet, pretty friendly - but it is a lot closer to city life if we want to shop/eat/go out/etc. We can just jump on the interstate and be in Savoy, Champaign, or Urbana in no time.

I think we will stick around here for at least a few years. Derek loves his job, District 10, and all of his co-workers. He kept acting like it was ME that wanted to make this town our home, and I do, but he goes on and on about how he loves the area. His co-workers have been phenomenal and I think he is getting very comfortable in his new position. We will see what happens, but don't count on us leaving any time soon.

I also got a new job! I like labor and delivery. I really do. I just don't think that it is where I am supposed to be right now. It didn't ever 'feel right'. I hate leaving Sarah Bush Lincoln so soon, but a job came up that I just couldn't turn down. It is a position as an RN in the OB/GYN clinic at Carle Hospital in Urbana. I will be working directly with a physician - scheduling surgeries, giving vaccinations, doing phone triage, and taking health histories. It is definitely going to be a different pace than labor and delivery, but I couldn't be more thrilled.

God's timing is impeccable and when we let Him guide us, things just seem to fall into place. We are so thankful for all of our blessings. And we are EXTREMELY blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment